Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Will NOT Miss Spain

Even though I'm going to miss Spain a lot and the second I step on the airplane I'm going to have some instant nostalgia issues, as of now I want to get the hell out of here. Reasons I will not miss Spain:

- Everyone has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- This morning on the train (at 7am) people were skateboarding up and down the aisles, running into innocent bystanders. They would apologize profusely, then continue their mission to wreak havoc on the train. Douchebags.
- Loudness is EVERYWHERE. Especially in the form of vespas without mufflers.
- It went from uncomfortably hot where I can't even sleep at night to pouring rain so heavily I was drenched within seconds of leaving my apartment, even though I had an umbrella.
- I purchased said umbrella a few days ago and it's already broken because nothing in this country actually works.
- My cell phone has to be recharged with money regularly. The going rate to call people with other service providers: €1. 20 per minute.
- Even though I have been here for exactly a year (as of today), people still start speaking to me in broken English when I speak to them in Spanish. My Spanish is that bad.
- All the food is mediocre.
- I constantly feel sick and and acquiring new health problems by the instant. My finger has been jammed for a month, limiting my ability to write. I broke out in hives today (for one of the first times in my life) because it was raining.
- My internet is perpetually broken.
- I'm down to knowing 3 people in Spain: Rosé, Ros, and Marc. Everyone else has left.

Two more days. America, here I come. I hear there are fatties everywhere (according to Ross), but at this point I really don't care.

No comments: