Monday, March 24, 2008

Hugo

Today I played tennis with a new guy named Hugo. He's a British student from Cambridge spending his third year in Barcelona working and studying linguistics on his own. He told me early on in our game that he is more of a soccer player, and then used every opportunity possibly to try to juggle the ball with his feet (e.g. after faulting on the first serve, instead of just picking up a second ball, he insisted on playing with it with his feet for a few seconds first).

I know that I am not by any means the fashion police, but Hugo was wearing this ridiculous white polo (VERY RETRO) with rainbow stripes, and a red headband. He is extremely pasty and was showing off his legs in a pair of black shorts with a white stripe around the bottom the emphasized that the shorts were actually wedged up into his crotch. The few times he actually picked up a ball with his hands, he would bend over right in front of me (usually on changeovers) with his butt facing me so I could see his really bad underwear lines from his tighty-whities.

Regardless of the fact that he was arguably the most awkward person I have met in Barcelona thus far, in his defense he didn't ask me out (see Tennis Joe) and actually beat me 10-8, 6-3.

3 comments:

Tinajen said...

Sounds promising

Hillary said...

what is THAT supposed to mean?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.