Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Top Ramen

A couple weeks ago, I found "Noodles of the Orient" at my local grocery store. It looked exactly like Top Ramen, so I bought a couple packs and brought them home to cook them. I was making the first pack and following the directions on the package, which involved adding a tablespoon of salt. I felt like this was more salt than necessary (especially since I don't remember ever having to add salt back in the US) so I just added a teaspoon. The broth was so salty I couldn't drink it without gagging.

Today, I decided to prepare the other package (a more familiar chicken flavored ramen) and was reading the instructions and realized I was instructed to add Olive Oil, NOT salt. In Spanish, those words aren't even similar (aceite vs. sal). Thank God I'm not a chef.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

ew thats disgusting. haha.