Friday, April 4, 2008

Picnic

As part of my solo weekend, I decided to branch out and hang out with friends I don't see that often. So, I bought a bottle of wine and some cheese and went out to the park by Sagrada Familia to hang out with Ryan and Meika (some friends from Cádiz who I don't see that often).

After hacking at the wine cork for about thirty minutes with a pen, then almost successfully pushing the cork into the bottle with a Chapstick, a random Russian man took it upon himself to help me out so I didn't even get the satisfaction of conquering the bottle. Throughout the entire process, a middle-aged woman watched my every move from a neighboring bench. It was a lot of pressure.

Toward the end of our mini-meal, Ryan pointed out a couple making out a few benches over. The woman was showing of her stomach by pulling up her pink t-shirt while mounting her incredibly dirty-looking boyfriend. After watching them for a few minutes, we were disgusted enough to go home.

On my walk out of the metro, I passed an old man who barked at me, then stopped walking for a moment so I would be walking several feet in front of him. I think that means we're dating now, or something.

No comments: