Friday, April 18, 2008

Sick

Yesterday I decided not to go to class because I hate my Shakespeare and film class and am still struggling with the concept of learning English from someone who speaks worse English than I do. So, I decided to stay home and watch bad television on the internet instead.

Fate or God or whoever was not okay with this and decided to give me the flu. So, I've spent the last two days in bed unable to move or eat anything while pretty consistently feeling more dehydrated than I've been in my life. I've spent the last 24 hours alternating between watching Grey's Anatomy, taking cat naps, and reading a really bad book.

Luckily, I'm just now starting to get my appetite back but I'm still to weak to go out to the store on my own (I walked a block today to buy a bottle of water and almost passed out). But luckily Marc brought me bananas and apple flavored baby food (the closest thing they have to apple sauce, apparently) and I've managed to get a couple bites down, so that's pretty good. Knock on wood.

Today before Rosé (whose name is apparently spelled Roser but I think that looks weird) left for work she informed me that until I get better, she'll be my mamá.

No comments: