Monday, November 12, 2007

Linguistics Class

For the most part, my classes are ridiculously easy. But, I have a linguistics class (which I am not taking by choice but because Davis is pretty much forcing me to) that is going to be close to impossible for me to pass. We discuss the evolution of Latin to 14th century Spanish, and there isn't homework or anything to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Instead, the teacher lists off a bunch of information and then people ask her questions - but not questions to clarify. Not only do these people not need any clarification, they want MORE information on this fascinating subject.

My only hope at this point involves befriending this guy from Penn who is in the class and then beating him up and stealing his notes. The only problem with this plan (which is otherwise pure genius), is that I booked my flight home at Christmas for a week before classes end (luckily we don't take the final until a month later), and he's going back to Penn before I get back from California.

I'm working on the befriending thing, though (just in case I can beat him up and steal his notes so far since he's one of those people who asks questions). I've been progressively sitting closer to him (today I was only TWO seats away!) but I'm pretty sure this is getting misinterpreted as me being interested in him. I mean, who can resist his blindingly white New Balance sneakers with white Nike socks. To top it all off, he consistently wears shorts (even in winter) to show off his pale, hairy legs. What a babe.

No comments: