Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rosé

The other night I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, and through the wall I could hear "Jump For My Love" by the Pointer Sisters. Using my brilliant skills of deduction (and kind of embarrassing skills of having seen too many romantic comedies), I figured out Rosé (my mom/landlady/woman) was watching "Love Actually," which I really like.

I almost never leave my room and don't hang out with Rosé ever - which makes it slightly weird when she does things like ram pieces of magnet in my soap then design an apparatus where she can suspend it from the underside of shelves in the shower and say nothing to me about it - but this was a good chance since we could just watch the movie and not really interact very much.

During the commercial breaks of the movie (it was on TV and here they do 15 minutes of commercials every 45 minutes) she pretty much told me her life story. Her husband left her because he fell in love with another woman and she's had a couple failed relationships since then, but nothing has ever worked out so now she's just sticking to herself. Her life dream has always been that some man will marry her and take care of her so she won't have to work but that's never happened. It was pretty depressing.

She also told me about her daughters - one lives on Ibiza (probably selling drugs), and the other one is a traveling actress who usually lives in the South of France - and she semi-analyzed the personalities of her dogs for me.

Apparently I remind her of this girl from Texas who lived with her a couple years back and was really sweet, so she likes me.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

well i'm not gonna say what you say when people say i'm nice like "i like joanna cuz she's a huge bitch" haha thanks for that. thats good she thinks you're a sweet southerner. make me some chicken strips. also i'm sure she's stoked that you put her entire personal life on the internet, its not like she seems depressed about it at all.