Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Natural Beauty

Today I consumed at least 3 cups of coffee. Maybe more, but it's possible I forgot about them from caffeine-overload-induced-blackouts or something.

Cup 1: Lunchtime coffee (my usual 1 cup for the day).

Cup 2: Pool game coffee. Usually I have beer during pool games, but, due to mini-lent I had to select a new beverage. This cup was a little colder than I like my coffee to be, but it had chocolate flakes on top to compensate for the tepid milk. I was walking to Joanna's afterwards, and I passed someone who may have been a homeless man. He said something to me in Catalan, and I had no idea what he was talking about. 9 times out of 10, if someone speaks to me in Catalan, I will know what they are saying based on A. the situation, or B. the fact that they are saying something extremely basic/asking me for a cigarette while acting out smoking. I told him "No entiendo," and he followed me, repeating what he was saying. Luckily, I was only 10 feet away from Joanna's apartment at this point. As I opened the door to her building, I resorted to saying "What?" on the off-chance that he spoke English. He motioned to his lip and said "Is that a piercing or is that natural?" Since my lip is NOT pierced, I said "It's natural..." and he responded with "Oh. You're very beautiful." I nodded and just walked away unsure of what he was talking about. When I got into Joanna's elevator, I looked in the mirror and saw that I had a piece of chocolate stuck to my face above my lip. I wiped it off, so I guess I'm not beautiful anymore. Sigh.

Cup 3: Joanna and I had the genius idea of going to a café and getting some reading done. We ended up just drinking coffee and going back to our apartments to read (which I'm obviously not doing right now, so that fell through).

What's strange about all this, is after all that coffee now I just want to take a nap.

2 comments:

Court said...

haha, that chocolate flake beauty mark thing is hilarious but not as bad as when in high school my friend walked into the room and this dude goes, "whoa! is that new?" and points to this enormous zit on my friends chin thinking it was a piercing. bahahha.

Joanna said...

hey, I hear Cindy Crawford loves chocolate. I don't know... not trying to say anything but...

ps. courtney thats not as bad as 6th gd science camp and your counselor goin bat shit crazy on some chicks acne face claiming everything needs to be popped. I don't think Chantal was ever the same again. Especially since we couldn't really look at her/make eye contact for the whole week.