Sunday, September 9, 2007

Emily


Emily's finally here! It's really weird to see people from home here in general, it really freaks me out. But I'm still really excited.

Last night we went to this really cool bar called L'Ovella Negra (the black sheep in Catalan) that was kind of an underground-tavern. The guy in front of me in the picture is my new British friend, Toby, who told me I can stay with him if I ever come to Britain even though he doesn't live especially close to anything.

I bought my tickets to go to Amsterdam in November today. I'm really sick of everyone making plans that fall through, so Joanna and I booked a flight and a hostel and we're definitely going!

This entry is kind of all over the place, but I also lost my Spanish bet. I was talking to Jim (the guy I have the bet with) about flights to Amsterdam and was having the entire conversation in English without even thinking about it. Halfway through, I realized I wasn't speaking Spanish and decided to just play it off because he obviously didn't notice. As I was hanging up the phone, Jim said "Oh Hillary, one last thing... I just heard a lot of English come out of your mouth." Apparently I'll be buying him some drinks in Amsterdam. Oh, well. At least I can finally speak English now. After wanting to say things and having to keep them to myself I realize that must be how shy people feel all the time.

No comments: