Thursday, August 16, 2007

Finales

I just had my finals for my classes at Universidad de Cádiz, so now I have a couple days of fiestas and then I get to say bye to half of my new friends and go to Barcelona with the other half.

Today I was sitting in the Plaza in front of the Residencia eating sandwiches and the people at the next table over were not only stupid Americans, but loud, Southern, stupid Americans who were ranting about where to get a "DAMN BURGER" and how afraid they are of birds. I had friends back home who were afraid of birds but they came up with unique philosophical explanations (envy birds because they can fly; their unblinking eyes; etc.), but these people's explanations were slightly more primitive:

- "They all like, fly up in your SHIT."

- "Holy Shit, that one's just a-stopping by."

- "I HATE birds, HATE 'em."

Although I know I'm a total foreigner, at least the people on our trip are making a decent effort to blend in (buying brightly colored beads that aren't necessarily attractive but are very Euro-trendy; drinking throughout the day; wearing a strapless bathingsuit so there are no visible tan-lines - I'm definitely not ready to sun-bathe topless). Hopefully Barcelona culture won't be too different.

2 comments:

Matt said...

At least we scream while you´re on the phone where as they just bitch and whine.

DBRC said...

i thought you said you hated sandwiches. i dont know what to believe anymore.