Friday, August 31, 2007

House-hunting


For the last couple weeks I've been going through complete house hunting hell. Every apartment either had something very wrong with it (6th story with no elevator, 5 people sharing one bathroom, my only roommates would be two older men) or I wanted it more than life itself and never got a call back. Yesterday I finally looked at my last apartment.

It was slightly run down, everything was really bright, and it was very small. My new potential roommate showed me around, told me about how she hated her Italian ex-roomie and specifically wanted someone from California. Meanwhile, my other potential roommate - a raging lesbian wearing a nike t-shirt with the sleeves torn off - stood in the corner judging me. As I was getting ready to leave, they told me I could sign right then and there if I wanted. They even pulled out the strategically placed paperwork that they happened to just have RIGHT THERE. I glanced at the angry lesbian roommate, glaring at me from under her mullet bangs. I told them I was waiting to hear back from another apartment and left. Then I called them last night and told them I found another place.

I'm now going to live with Rose, a middle-aged woman who has a nice apartment in a really good area and two dogs. Hopefully that will work out. Regardless of how many good stories I would get out of living with the lesbian, it's not worth the extra 80 euro a month for an uglier apartment.

No comments: