Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fútbol


Joanna and I went to the Barcelona game tonight. It's definitely interesting to watch, and the fans are pretty intense. Even though I used to play soccer, I never understood how people could be so riveted by it, so the fact that I made it through the whole game is pretty impressive.

The majority of the people who go are older men who sit there with their portable radios listening to the commentary while watching the game.


We met some tourists from Brazil who (once they stopped hitting on Joanna/taking pictures where she would obviously be in the background) semi-criticized us for talking during the game and appearing less amused than the drunk guys who were getting progressively naked-er with each goal (it was probably 4 degrees out).

During half-time we went to buy a snack and I got laughed at multiple times by the random lady standing next to me at the counter. Apparently my accent is the funniest thing she's ever heard. I'm sick of getting made fun of by people here, so it's good I'll get to come home for a few weeks.

It was amusing enough but I mostly just went to see what the games are like. I'm still happy I went, though.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

hahaha I forgot about the brazilian pics. i hope they got some good ones of my gag face.

Man said...

bitch. i was at that game with you.
-emily

Hillary said...

and emily was there, too.