Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Haircut Round 2

I got my hair cut for the second time since I've been in Spain. The first time was in Cádiz and I was really uncomfortable and let them cut my hair all one length because I was willing to settle for anything that wasn't a mullet.

Today I went to the place down the street from my house and managed to have a functioning conversation with the guy who cut my hair (the only thing lost in translation is that I think his name is Anna, and I know that can't be right). He ended up cutting off 5 inches even though we agreed on closer to 2 inches, but it's fine because my hair grows really fast.

We got to have some great hair stylist-client conversations, such as: How long have you been cutting hair? How long do people go to beauty school here? How long have you worked in this salon? Have you seen the movie "Edward Scissorhands?" Etc.

When I got home, I was upset for about five seconds about how much hair I was missing. First I ran my hands through my hair a few times. Then I put it in a ponytail. Then I tried to tie it to itself (which didn't work). But now, I'm more familiar with it and kind of over it.

Also, I remembered that when my brother and I were in elementary school, my mom was driving us to school and I was asking Price who he was going to marry when he grew up. His only requirement: "I want to marry someone like Mom." I asked him what he meant and he said "She needs to have short hair like Mom." So, even though I don't want to marry my brother or anything, I am really amused that Price admitted to wanting to marry someone like our mother.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I don't know whats up with this 5 inches business. you seriously took off like an inch. people are gonna expect you with a pixie or something. or gi jane.