Thursday, December 20, 2007

Homey Stuff

Some nice things about being home:

- Bagels and creamcheese

- Sushi

- Pedicures

- Movies in English without subtitles

- Limewire (not that I use Limewire, so please don't sue me)

- You realize how close everything you walk to is since you never walk for longer than 5 minutes

- You hear about celebrity gossip pretty much as it happens instead of a week later/by word of mouth (e.g. Jamie Lynn Spears)

- You can have actual phone conversations on your cell phone (instead of the usual 50 euro cent/minute quick calls)

- Hamburgers are made out of beef, not ham

Some less nice things about being home:

- Listening to your family fight and actual meaning it (instead of Spain where the only yelling you hear is between people on the street and it's all in good fun).

- Getting asked how Spain is going every 30 seconds by a different friend of my parents.

- Having access to a car but needing to ask when I can use it constantly.

- Cafe con leche is never an option so you end up with a minimum of 12 ounces of milky coffee (I know, I know, I complained about this before I left, but it sucks now).

- Having to do favors for your family instead of Spain life where you only really have to do things for yourself.

- Can't go to bars, so you end up sitting around either at home or in the homes of your friends - totally sober.

- Hearing about things going on in Spain and not being able to participate.

- Becoming incredibly high strung from too much stimulation.

- Knowing that I'm going to be getting on 6 separate planes in the next couple weeks - including the really long flight back to Europe.

It's good to be back though, don't get me wrong. Only right now my house is being remodeled so I get to listen to incessant banging right above my bed. Last night my bed was covered in ceiling chips from the re-flooring happening above me. At least I get good food, though.

No comments: