Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Insomnia

I've had a really hard time sleeping lately and I think it has to do with the fact that my newest hobby is to sit around and think of completely ridiculous hypothetical situations that will never happen to me and how I would confront them. For example, if I became a singer/dancer/actress (known as a "triple threat" in the biz), how would I deal with the paparazzi? Would I ever stoop so low as to accept money from them to let them into my hotel room/house/etc. as an alternate source of income?

I had a final today at 3pm but I had to go to school at 11am for office hours (which involves waking up at 10am). So, last night, I got in bed at 1am, tried to fall asleep, and was up until 4am. I just found out that my last final (a week from tomorrow) is at 8:30am. I'm screwed.

Even though I really enjoy that school is such a joke here and they expect next to nothing out of you, I'm starting to miss actually learning things that you may be able to bring up in a normal conversation (instead of a conversation about how Latin evolved into medieval Spanish) and having some sense of accomplishment at the end of finals. Instead, I just feel like I completed some sort of day-camp.

If you have access to Zoe's blog, you should go read it right now, it's hilarious. If you don't have access, you should friend her on Facebook and harass her until she gives it to you.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

yah and i tried to read her blog and couldn't. LAME.
Yah you definitely seem like the triple threat type. i mean you have a great voice, love doing anything that embarrases you and dance like j.lo. wait no. thats a lie.

DBRC said...

aww hillray!

eduardoelsalvaje said...

I was denied access to hillaryswoolley.blogspot.com. I may not know this Zoe character, but I feel like I do since I played a part in getting the green baby t-shirt.