Saturday, January 12, 2008

Vall D'Hebron

Today I went to the Vall D'Hebron tennis club because I was supposed to play this British guy (Chris) who never actually showed up.

When I got there, there was a huge gathering of 30-something year-old guys who were probably arranging some sort of tournament. I made my way to the bathroom, since I have no idea what Chris looks like and didn't want to creepily loiter outside the group of guys.

At the tennis club, the bathrooms only have one stall, and the women's room was occupied. Since I had time to kill, and the men's room is gross, I decided to wait. In the time I spent waiting, three guys managed to use the men's room. There wasn't a line or anything - a guy would use the restroom, leave, a few minutes would pass and another guy would come in and use the restroom.

I had already tried the door so whoever was in there knew I was waiting and was intentionally pacing herself. After what felt like half an hour, a really gross couple comes out of the bathroom together. By really gross, I mean some young girl (she looked about fifteen) and her male tennis coach (who looked about fifty).

After I got stood up by Chris, I was leaving the tennis club and saw them playing paddle (this bizarre cross between tennis and badminton that only exists in Cataluña) and him yelling at her about her strategy. Strategizing in paddle and getting mad about other peoples' strategies is the equivalent of training for ping-pong.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

you're sucha perv. mind in the gutter. i bet it was just like her DAD and maybe she has an extra 21st chromo and can't dress herself.

Hillary said...

by an extra 21st c-some do you mean a touch of downs, by any chance?