Monday, January 28, 2008

My Life

For the first time since starting classes in Cádiz I feel like I actually have no responsibilities now that finals are over. So, I've been spending a lot of time sitting around my apartment and watching Nip/Tuck and other TV shows that can be found on the internet (e.g. "True Life: I'm Happy and Fat"). Last night, Ross and I decided to go on a walk up behind his house so we snuck out and ended up walking through the woods. It ended up being a pretty good adventure and we saw a sign advertising "Esquaix," which took me a while to figure out. (IX is pronounced SH in Catalán, so it says "Esquash" as in squash.)

Walking around in the middle of the night was probably not the best idea ever, but Ross apparently knew where he was going and it all worked out fine. On the way back to my house I saw this window full of plants that I've never seen before because I'm always looking down to make sure I don't step in dog poop. Today I went back and took a photo of it:


The other day I was telling Zoe about how when you're in Spain you have to adapt your taste in music with your taste in fashion and everything else. My example of this was that I was listening to E-40 (I was a little homesick) on my iPod and walking to the beat and I kept almost trampling small children, dogs, etc. Then, I switched the music to Mika (VERY popular here) and walking to the beat of Mika actually worked, and I managed to not run into anything. Videos of my Spanish walk versus Bay Area walk to come.

1 comment:

KARLI said...

ihahaHHAAHAHahah, word.