Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stye?

Yesterday I was watching "Office Space" at Joanna's apartment and my eye started itching a lot. I ignored it, but by the time I got home I had developed a small bump on the edge of my eyelid. I assumed it was an allergic reaction to something, since my mom gets bumps on the inside of her eyelids all the time, but after Google-ing things all morning, I'm starting to suspect that it's a stye (which you can do nothing about aside from put a warm pack on it for 10 minute increments, four times each day).

I thought back to high school when a boy in my Spanish class had a really bad Stye - his turned red and was inflamed and obstructed his vision. You couldn't look at him without fixating on it. Mine is still borderline microscopic, but I'm terrified that it's going to grow into a massive blood-mound like his did.

I considered going to the Farmacia, but they can't really do anything about it; antibiotics are helpless when it comes to styes. It kind of hurts and I can feel it every time I blink. Apparently the last thing you're supposed to do is pop or touch it, so I'm going to just leave it alone I guess.

3 comments:

Man said...

hey, did we ever talk about ricky martin for some reason? like did you really like him? because for some reason i am watching the ricky martin she bangs video (super good by the way), and it totally reminds me of you.

that is a HUGE compliment in case you couldn't tell.

DBRC said...

ew. that post was gross. i hope you dont have a stye

Joanna said...

just get an eyepatch. thats what I always say when my eye won't open.