Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Clothes

Today I decided to suck it up and buy some clothes since I'd been wearing the same thing for the last three days and they smelled like plane. I had all ready gotten a cell phone, so it was probably time to invest in some clean underwear. I was on my way back to the residencia and found a cheap-ish store where I bought a bunch of stuff that is very basic and I never would have purchased otherwise.

I got home, jumped in the shower and my phone rang. I jumped out of the shower, spilled water everywhere, and answered it, but it was totally dead. No dial tone or anything. I started mopping up the room and someone started to come in my room. I yelled at them in jibberish (since I'm still not really sure what the punishment is for speaking English), and the went away. A little while later, they came back. Of course, it was my luggage.

On top of having a bunch of new clothes I don't really want/need, when I was being rung up at the store, there was a woman putting price tags on earrings at the cashier's desk. She had accidentally thrown a pair of really ugly earrings into my bag. They're HUGE cubic "diamonds" which I would never wear unless I was husband-hunting among 80 year olds but anyone could spot those as fake from miles away. So I played with the idea of returning my clothes while completing the good deed of returning the unpurchased ugly earrings (valued at 3 euro), but decided I'm too lazy and don't want to jeopardize my spot in hell. If anyone is in the market for poorly made t-shirts and ugly earrings, contact me immediately on my new cell phone that I don't know the number for.

2 comments:

Julie said...

it's a good thing you are an English major and write things for fun/work since you are HILARIOUS and i am thoroughly enjoying reading about your life and for some reason you just crack me up. i think your English class would really enjoy this one, instead of writing about pregnant teen lovers.

Julie said...

p.s. how the hell does this website know my name!!?