Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Musica de Chicas

The other night, I was in an Irish Pub (still in Spain) with several other loud, obnoxious Americans (speaking English since we felt untouchable in a bar so similar to our motherland of America) and we were discussing our awkward plane rides over where our neighbors would glance at our iPods and we would tilt them away, hiding the blatant chick music we were using to pass the 10 hours over the Atlantic. I asked the boys what their favorite chick songs were, and luckily they had already (HAPPY ELLA!??! - everyone else ignore this) had several beers and were willing to name their favorite songs:

1. "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton - I don't even like this song, but this was the first one that came to their heads. They immediately were pointing at each other and quoting it as though they had held secret meetings in the past to discuss this song and its greatness.

2. Anything by NSync - Not surprising, especially since it recently became not-gay to like Justin Timberlake.

3. "Beatiful Girls" by Sean Kingston - I kind of like this song too, but I'm still going to be embarrassed for them. I asked if they though about a particular girl when they listened to this song but they claim they just like it for it's catchiness.

4. "These Words (I love you)" and "Unwritten" by Natasha Bettingfield - I was embarrassed to hear that my roommate freshman year liked these songs. I can't even imagine how Ben's girlfriend must feel...

5. "Umbrella" by Rihanna - Enough said.

I've never had certain songs that I've really liked that identifies with a group outside of my own, so I'm not sure what these guys are going through and almost feel bad for exposing them while revealing their names (Ben, Travis, David) on the internet. I can't help but think back to my time in "the states" or as the Spaniards call it "AMERICA," when my neighbor (see: hillaryswoolley.blogspot.com it's funnier than my blog and it's in my honor even though she never writes about me) had a freakish obsession with "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John which is targeted at absolutely no one because no one should like that song. So I guess I should ask her what she was going through with that whole liking a song where she wasn't the target audience.

3 comments:

Wesley said...

You need to step up your game. Zoe is giving you a licking. With her Blog.

Joanna said...

you need more songs. YOUR BLOG SUCKS.

Unknown said...

or you know... just in general... also, i guess i have a gmail account. weird