Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seville

By the time I got to Seville, I couldn't find my luggage anywhere. I was forced to run around to a ton of places trying desperately to get my hands on it. I was eventually forced to call my Mom (in tears), unsure what to do. I called the program director, too. They told me to go sleep at a hotel some where, which I did, only I lost the folder of my visa information and the program director's phone number in the cab. I overslept and woke up after noon to the lady at the front desk asking if I would need an additional night. I checked out and was (literally) stumbling down the street toward the train station/somewhere to eat. I stopped and got some chicken skewers and beer from this bar where every guy who came in ordered a small plate of snails and a mixture of tonic water and wine.

I continued my stumble to the train station and am now just strategizing how I'm going to get ahold of this woman who will tell me where to go.

Even though there's not a doubt in my mind that I'm totally miserable right now, I'm extremely happy just to be in Spain and to be able to go to small bars and have them offer me beer in Spanish. I kind of miss coffee, though, because they don't like to make it after 11, but other than that, I'll be fine.

No comments: