Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pueblos Blancos

Yesterday we went on an excursion to Los Pueblos Blancos in the mountains of Cadiz. It took about two hours by bus each way up this really windy, really narrow road, and I still don't really understand why we went there. We walked around for a while and went on a tour but I couldn't understand the guide's accent and had really bad cabin fever from being on the bus for so long so I just ran around and took a lot of pictures.

Once we finished our tour (which also involved seeing a wool factory) and got back on the bus, I thought we were coming back to the Residencia, but instead we went to a wheat mill. They had us make rolls that were similar to those you would eat 500 years ago when people made bread from complete scratch. We had to wait an hour for the bread to cook, so we went to a nearby bar to hang out and wait as a group. My friend Joanna and I interpreted this as "get really wasted at the bar," but no one else seemed to feel the same way. We went to the bathroom before getting back on the bus, and I couldn't figure out the sink. Luckily, there were some 10-year-old Spanish girls watching me as though I was the dumbest thing they had ever seen in their lives. Then, we took the bus home and ate our bread, which was totally disgusting but I ate it anyway because I was drunk.

I fell asleep on the bus since it was Siesta Time, which was going really well until we rounded the final corner and I rolled/slammed my head into the window. When I got off the bus and was walking back to the residencia, I forgot that I was kind of drunk and thought that I couldn't walk straight because I had just done irreversible damage when I hit my head. Don't worry - I'm fine now.

No comments: